Want to apply for multiple courses? Click HERE
Light tea available from 5.30 pm
Attendance is required at both sessions
The aim of this course is to support more experienced Chairs of Governing Bodies (Vice Chairs and/or Chairs of Committees) with regard to both further development of their role, and taking the GB forward to meet today’s expectations. It will also consider strategies for managing groups, and the changes and developments in education and schools, in so much as they affect Governing Bodies and their work.
There is an expectation for Chairs to keep up to date with current requirements, but the opportunity and time to do this are not always available for Chairs or experienced Governors. This course is also intended to help fill this gap.
1) Policy and practice, and terms of office around the Chairing role(s)
2) The development of skills and experiences within the governing board
3) Auditing skills, experience and interests within your governing board
4) Providing ideas and suggestions related to managing workload.
5) To look at structures and organisation that may improve the efficiency of the GB.
6) The importance of ‘ownership’ and ‘accountability’ within the GB.
7) Ideas about working more closely with school senior staff and others in the school.
8) Practical tips to support and aid the work of the Chair.
9) Future planning and possible considerations.
10) The importance of partnership working.
11) Suggestions for preparing the GB and Governors for the inspection requirements in the current OfSTED Inspection Framework.
Wednesday 20th June 2018 6.00 pm to 9.00 pm
Wednesday 27th June 2018 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm