Want to apply for multiple courses? Click HERE
Sandwiches will be provided at the start of the session.
This course provides governors with an understanding of their statutory duties around careers education, information, advice and guidance provision. It also provides need-to-know information about how to challenge and drive improvement in your school careers provision.
This seminar will address the follow questions:
· What is Careers Education and Guidance and what statutory responsibilities do governors have?
- How do we ensure quality careers provision in school and how do governors measure its impact?
· Who are the careers educators in school and how do you support and challenge them?
- What is the education, employment and training landscape like post-16 – what are the pathways open to young people and how do you ensure they can make informed decisions about their future?
- Who are the partners that can help with the delivery of your careers provision?
- How will Ofsted measure your careers provision?
Accessability: Training room is ground floor with no stairs.
Please drive to visitor centre entrance under the viaduct. Do not enter through security lodge gate.
Wednesday 13th March 2019 from 1.30 -4.00pm.